Monday, May 9, 2011

The 2011 NPC Grand Prix: Results

The 2011 NPC Grand Prix


Well, it's all over! 

The 2011 NPC Grand Prix was a great event, and after 14 weeks of severe diet and training Julie and I had a great time! 

When it was all said and done Julie lost a grand total of 30lbs in 14 weeks to prepare for this competition coming in as a middleweight at 117lbs. She followed my guidance to the letter every step of the way, and put in the time and effort to achieve a physique she has never known before. Though I guided her along the way it was her unending determination, hard work, and perseverance that ultimately got her to her goal.

In her very first bodybuilding competition she took 2nd place, and delivered a fantastic performance posing both in judging during the day, and in her posing routine at night. I couldn't have been more proud of her!

Julie's Posing Routine


I came in at 188lbs which is 4lbs heavier than I've competed in the past. The Light Heavyweight Novice class ranges from 174lbs to 198 1/2, so it's a pretty big range and I fall right in the middle. It was an extremely competitive class with 10 competitors in it. I did not place in the top 5, but felt I came in looking better than any of my previous competitions to date which was ultimately my goal.

My Posing Routine


Julie and I both walked away that night with an extremely rewarding experience.

We'd both like to thank all of our friends, family, and all of you for all of your support along the way. It means the world to us, and gives us the wind at our back we need to push through such an endeavor.

For more pictures from the event click the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment