Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Fitness Pal App

Having just recently taken a big step forward in the cellular world, I have recently been introduced to the world of “APPS”.  I have investigated some diet log apps and have been using one I thought might be helpful to those who follow this blog, as well as my current clients.

It’s called “My Fitness Pal”.

It has a conjoining website found at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com

This app allows you to track your food easily from your phone. It shows your daily allowance of calories and other nutrients based on your goals, activity levels, as well as your workouts. As you enter your food, and exercise, it automatically deducts from your daily allowances.

 For example it will show you how many calories you are allowed that day to stay within your diet limits, and that number will decrease as you go along entering your meals.


 While I may set different caloric/carb/protein guidelines than the program might, the tracking system is very thorough, and it’s food database is very large. It’s a very reliable, and consistent gauge. It gives me all the information I would need to guide a client, or even my own dieting.


You can enter all of your food/exercise info on your phone, and view/print reports from the conjoining website.

Tracking your food and exercise is an essential practice in maximizing your health and fitness goals. How you do it is all completely your preference. I have some clients who track it in a book, in a spreadsheet, or on their phone.

You want to find a method that is convenient for you, so it does not become one more chore for you to have to worry about in your day. 

1 comment: